Have you heard of the iPone app “With” or W/?
“With” is an app that spun off from the “path” application. It’s built in a way that you just login to the application on your iPhone or the web using your twitter account. I just learned about it recently while attending a conference and thought I would try it out. Path is an application that is sort of a photo log. It’s pretty neat but “With” does it with twitter.
With is a pretty simple application to use, and has the following features:
- A fun, simple way to share who you are with. Beautiful photo optional.
- Free and Premium Lenses for taking beautiful photos of friends.
- With is an interaction network. The friends you are with most often rise to the top of your profile.
- Friendship has its benefits. Closer friends receive special benefits…with more to come.
- Built entirely on top of Twitter with Twitter Single-Sign On.
- Available worldwide for iPhone and iPod Touch in the App Store
So far I have only used it a couple of times because you kind of want to take a picture of yourself or someone while you are with them and then tag it with their twitter account. The application will post the picture to your stream, and then include the twitter avatars of the people who were tagged. Is this something I’d use all the time? Maybe not, I like to use Instagram as I can take a cool pic, and then post to multiple networks with a single click, but I have enjoyed this so far. Here are a couple of pictures from my stream while I was in Las Vegas for the Future Of Web Apps conference:
So far I think it has been more fun as a novelty, let’s see ow long I use it. I suppose it also depends on if it catches on or not and how many people use it with me. It’s one of those applications that isn’t fun to use by yourself, because.. it’s called “with” LOL.
Anyways, give it a try, it’s only available from the iTunes store for now, not sure if there will be apps released for other platforms or now. Let me know what you think of it.