We are ready to bust out the shell and do some crazy WU-TNAG hax0ring!
This is the third video of the [Get Started] series especially for WordPress beginners.
Ok, this process will make us feel like cool hackers because we are going to do something very very full of awesome. We are going to install WordPress (Like a BOSS) from the WordPress subverison repository. Why would we wna tot do that Josh? I gladly answer with “because we can, and it’s totally awesome” I hope that suffices.
Obviously this is not the only way to install WordPress. But I guarantee once you do it once or twice, you will see the advantages of this. Here are some actual formulated reasons:
- Installing from subverison guarantees you are installing the latest stable build
- You are installing from the server so it is super fast
- Makes upgrading a snap
- Streamlines workflow for installing multiple websites or blogs
- Securely connect to your server without using FTP which is NOT secure
- You just look cool doing it
I work on a MacBook Pro, but I made a screen-cast on windows as well so Windows users don’t feel left out on the fun.
We are going to run the command from the codex website: